Re: pgbench: new feature allowing to launch shell commands

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgbench: new feature allowing to launch shell commands
Date: 2009-12-15 00:44:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Yeah the grammar ":variable" is used to set a parameter, the user will feel
disorientated if there is no support.
The attached patch supports this new case, based on Itagaki-san's last
version. I also added a warning to tell the user that pgbench is slowing
down when using this feature.

If nobody is against it, I will mark it as ready to commit.

Michael Paquier
NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND
TELEPHONE CORPORATION
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbenchshell_20091215.patch text/x-patch 4.7 KB