Re: PATCH: CreateComments: use explicit indexing for ``values''

From: Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: richhguard-monotone(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: CreateComments: use explicit indexing for ``values''
Date: 2011-06-16 16:27:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jun14, 2011, at 17:47 , richhguard-monotone(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:
> This patch makes the intent of each initialization clear by using
> the constants directly instead of in a comment, and has the effect
> of being able to verify each line on it's own. The original requires
> verification of the preceding i++'s.

Here's a review of that patch.

The patch applies cleanly to HEAD, looks correct, and passes "make check".

The patch makes the code far more readable and makes adding new columns
to one of the affected system catalogs less error-prone.

Since the chance of us ever back-patching changes to the system catalog's
structure, the patch doesn't introduce additional back-patching hurdles.

I'm thus marking this Read for Committer.

best regards,
Florian Pflug