psql tab completion for updatable foreign tables

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql tab completion for updatable foreign tables
Date: 2013-07-08 12:46:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Recently i got annoyed that psql doesn't tab complete to updatable foreign
tables.

Attached is a patch to address this. I'm using the new
pg_relation_is_updatable() function to accomplish this. The function could
also be used for the trigger based stuff in the query, but i haven't
touched this part of the query. The patch ist against HEAD, but maybe it's
worth to apply this to REL9_3_STABLE, too, but not sure what our policy is
at this state...

--
Thanks

Bernd

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql_tab_complete_updatable_fdw.patch application/octet-stream 2.6 KB