Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Date: 2009-09-18 20:03:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On 25. August 2009 22:17:38 -0400 Alvaro Herrera

> I'm just posting in case somebody has thoughts on the UI part of it.
>
> Other things that need fixed:
>
> - need to figure out locking for roles; this stuff must be synchronized
> with role drop
> - pg_shadow and pg_roles need a join to obtain settings
> - two regression tests need their expected file updated
> - catalog version bump

Here's a first shot on this for my current review round. Patch needed to
re-merged into current CVS HEAD due to some merge conflicts, i've also
adjusted the regression tests (minor). On a first look, i like the patch
(especially the code for the utility commands accessing the settings is
better modularized now, which looks much nicer).

--
Thanks

Bernd

Attachment Content-Type Size
complex_guc_review_v1.patch application/octet-stream 32.3 KB