Re: Hstore: Query speedups with Gin index

From: Blake Smith <blakesmith0(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: obartunov(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Hstore: Query speedups with Gin index
Date: 2013-09-09 14:55:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks for getting back to me about this change Oleg. I took your advice
and reworked the patch by adding a new hstore gin opclass
(gin_hstore_combined_ops) and leaving the functionality of the default
hstore gin opclass the same. This should prevent the on-disk compatibility
issues from the first patch, and allow users to select the different
indexing method when they build the index. The hstore regression suite is
passing for me locally with the --enable-cassert configure flag. Please let
me know what you think and if there is any other work that would need to be
done (style cleanups, updating documentation, etc) to get this merged.

Thanks!

Blake