Re: Optimize referential integrity checks (todo item)

From: Chetan Suttraway <chetan(dot)suttraway(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Vik Reykja <vikreykja(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Optimize referential integrity checks (todo item)
Date: 2012-02-13 10:02:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Vik Reykja <vikreykja(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I decided to take a crack at the todo item created from the following post:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2005-10/msg00458.php
>
> The attached patch makes the desired changes in both code and function
> naming.
>
> It seemed quite easy to do but wasn't marked as easy on the todo, so I'm
> wondering if I've missed something. All regression tests pass.

The patch was not getting applied. Was seeing below message:
postgresql$ git apply /Downloads/unchanged.patch
error: src/backend/utils/adt/ri_triggers.c: already exists in working
directory

Have come up with attached patch which hopefully should not have missed any
of your changes.
Please verify the changes.

Regards,
Chetan

PS: would like the patch name to be something meaningful.

--
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Website: www.enterprisedb.com