Re: WIP: index support for regexp search

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: WIP: index support for regexp search
Date: 2012-11-25 20:55:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com
> wrote:

> Glad to see this patch hasn't been totally forgotten. Being able to use
> indexes for regular expressions would be really cool!
>
> Back in January, I asked for some high-level description of how the
> algorithm works (http://archives.postgresql.**
> org/message-id/4F187D5C.30701@**enterprisedb.com<http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4F187D5C.30701@enterprisedb.com>).
> That's still sorely needed. Googling around, I found the slides for your
> presentation on this from PGConf.EU - it would be great to have the
> information from that presentation included in the patch.

New version of patch is attached. The changes are following:
1) A big comment with high-level description of what is going on.
2) Regression tests.
3) Documetation update.
4) Some more refactoring.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.

Attachment Content-Type Size
trgm-regexp-0.5.patch.gz application/x-gzip 13.5 KB