Index-only scans for multicolumn GIST

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Index-only scans for multicolumn GIST
Date: 2014-07-21 19:47:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, hackers!
There are new results of my work on GSoC project "Index-only scans for
GIST".
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Index-only-scans-for-GIST-td5804892.html

Repository is
https://github.com/lubennikovaav/postgres/tree/indexonlygist2
Patch is in attachments.
It includes indexonlyscan for multicolumn GiST. It works correctly -
results are the same with another scan plans.
Fetch() method is realized for box and circle opclasses
Improvement for circle opclass is not such distinct as for box opclass,
because of recheck.

I remember that all "elog" and other bad comments must be fixed before this
patch can be committed.

Any comments are welcome
--
Best regards,
Lubennikova Anastasia

Attachment Content-Type Size
indexonlygist_2.1.patch application/octet-stream 31.2 KB