Re: 16-bit page checksums for 9.2

From: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, david(at)fetter(dot)org, aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca, stark(at)mit(dot)edu, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 16-bit page checksums for 9.2
Date: 2012-03-02 19:45:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> v8 attached
>
> v10 attached.
>
> This patch covers all the valid concerns discussed and has been
> extensively tested.

If I turn wal_level to anything other than minimal, this fails to pass
make installcheck with multiple instances of

ERROR: invalid page header in block 0 of relation....

I've looked around in the patch docs and this thread, and this doesn't
seem to be either expected or already known.

This occurs even when page_checksums is off.

Cheers,

Jeff