Re: review - pg_stat_statements

From: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: review - pg_stat_statements
Date: 2013-12-01 20:40:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> After this fix it should be ready for commit

Version with trivial, single token fix attached. I'm not sure if you
just forgot to mark this "ready for committer" in the commitfest app,
but if not you'll want to do so now.

I defer to the judgement of a committer here -- my hope is that the
queryid-exposing patch will be committed soon, and so it becomes a
simple matter of "rebasing" (a term I use loosely) what I've done here
on top of the then master branch. I felt that I had an up-front
responsibility to not regress the aggressive-snapshot-aggregating use
case, which is why I haven't simply waited for the queryid patch to be
committed so that I could only then submit a new patch (a *separate*
patch that allows query texts to not be returned when unneeded).

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_stat_statements_ext_text.v4.2013_12_01.patch.gz application/x-gzip 13.1 KB