Re: passing diff options to pg_regress

From: Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: passing diff options to pg_regress
Date: 2013-01-16 09:05:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Peter,

Idea is really very good.

About the patch:
Patch looks good to me.
Applied cleanly on latest sources. make / make install / make check /
initdb everything works well.

Tested with few options and it is working well.

However, I think you need to add this in docs. Letting people know about
this environment variable to make use of that.

Thanks

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> > I sometimes find it useful to view a regression test difference using
> > other diff options, such as -u -w or more context. There is currently
> > no easy way to accomplish that.
> >
> > I suggest allowing to override the diff options using an environment
> > variable, such as PG_REGRESS_DIFF_OPTS. The patch is very small.
>
> Great idea.
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>

> --

Jeevan B Chalke
Senior Software Engineer, R&D
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Phone: +91 20 30589500

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains
information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended
recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.