Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments

From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments
Date: 2011-08-17 23:22:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Updated patch attached, along with a revised SQL script to make
> testing easier. I can add this to the next CF.
>
> Note, there is a separate thread[1] with just the psql changes broken
> out, if it's helpful to consider the psql changes separately from
> pg_comments. I do need to update the patch posted there with this
> latest set of changes.

The psql changes mentioned above have been committed, so the only
piece remaining is the pg_comments view. I did some light touching up
of the changes in catalogs.sgml: clarify that 'objoid' comes from
either pg_description or pg_shdescription, and try to use periods a
bit more consistently.

Rebased and updated patch attached.

Josh

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_comments.v17c.patch text/x-patch 70.6 KB