Re: alter user/role CURRENT_USER

From: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: alter user/role CURRENT_USER
Date: 2014-10-20 07:40:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I gone through patch and here is the review for this patch:

.) patch go applied on master branch with patch -p1 command
(git apply failed)
.) regression make check run fine
.) testcase coverage is missing in the patch
.) Over all coding/patch looks good.

Few comments:

1) Any particular reason for not adding SESSION_USER/USER also made usable
for this command ?

2) I think RoleId_or_curruser can be used for following role:

/* ALTER TABLE <name> OWNER TO RoleId */
| OWNER TO RoleId

3) In the documentation patch, added for CURRENT_USER but CURRENT_ROLE is
missing.