Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly

From: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres_fdw behaves oddly
Date: 2014-11-17 10:36:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Fujita-san,

Here are my comments about the patch fscan_reltargetlist.patch
Sanity
--------
Patch applies and compiles cleanly.
Regressions in test/regress folder and postgres_fdw and file_fdw are clean.

1. This isn't your change, but we might be able to get rid of assignment
2071 /* Are any system columns requested from rel? */
2072 scan_plan->fsSystemCol = false;

since make_foreignscan() already does that. But I will leave upto you to
remove this assignment or not.

2. Instead of using rel->reltargetlist, we should use the tlist passed by
caller. This is the tlist expected from the Plan node. For foreign scans it
will be same as rel->reltargetlist. Using tlist would make the function
consistent with create_*scan_plan functions.

Otherwise, the patch looks good.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Etsuro Fujita <fujita(dot)etsuro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat