Re: Function array_agg(array)

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ali Akbar <the(dot)apaan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Function array_agg(array)
Date: 2014-10-27 10:51:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Hi
>>
>> I did some minor changes in code
>>
>> * move tests of old or new builder style for array sublink out of main
>> cycles
>> * some API simplification of new builder - we should not to create
>> identical API, mainly it has no sense
>>

> minor changes in the patch:
> * remove array_agg_finalfn_internal declaration in top of array_userfuncs.c
> * fix comment of makeMdArray
> * fix return of makeMdArray
> * remove unnecesary changes to array_agg_finalfn

super

I tested last version and I have not any objections.

1. We would to have this feature - it is long time number of our ToDo List

2. Proposal and design of multidimensional aggregation is clean and nobody
has objection here.

3. There is zero impact on current implementation. From performance reasons
it uses new array optimized aggregator - 30% faster for this purpose than
current (scalar) array aggregator

4. Code is clean and respect PostgreSQL coding rules

5. There are documentation and necessary regress tests

6. Patching and compilation is clean without warnings.

This patch is ready for commit

Thank you for patch

Regards

Pavel