Re: Support for array_remove and array_replace functions

From: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Marco Nenciarini <marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Support for array_remove and array_replace functions
Date: 2012-06-30 02:16:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Marco Nenciarini <
marco(dot)nenciarini(at)2ndquadrant(dot)it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> following Gabriele's email regarding our previous patch on "Foreign
> Key Arrays"[1], I am sending a subset of that patch which includes only
> two array functions which will be needed in that patch: array_remove
> (limited to single-dimensional arrays) and array_replace.
>

> The patch includes changes to the documentation.

Hi, I've been reviewing this patch.

Good documentation, and regression tests. The code looked fine but I didn't
care for the code duplication between array_replace and array_remove so I
merged those into a helper function, array_replace_internal(). Thoughts?

Other than that it all looks good to me.

Attachment Content-Type Size
array-functions_v2.patch.bz2 application/x-bzip2 4.0 KB