Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER)

From: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add regression tests for ROLE (USER)
Date: 2013-05-09 03:04:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Please find an updated patch as per comments on Commitfest (comments
replicated below for ease of understanding).

Feedback 1:
fc: role_ro2/3 used twice?
rt: Corrected in this update.

Feedback 2:
fc: I do not understand why "asdf" conveys anything about an expected
failure. Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties? :-)
rt: ASDF is a pattern that I learnt in one of the tests (SEQUENCE?) that
pre-existed when I started working. Its a slang for arbit text that I just
reused thinking that it is normal practice here. Anyway, have corrected
that in this update.

Feedback 3:
fc: 2030/1/1 -> 2030-01-01? maybe use a larger date?
rt: 2030/1/1 date is not a failure point of the test. It needs to be a
valid date (but sufficiently distant that so that tests don't fail). I
tried setting this to 2200/1/1 and I get the same error message. Let me
know if this still needs to be a large date.
fb: VALID UNTIL '9999-12-31' works for me...
rt: I thought 20 years is a date sufficiently far ahead to ensure that this
test doesn't fail. Sure, have updated the test to use 9999/1/1. Also, have
added more tests at the end to ensure date-checks are also being validated
in ALTER ROLE VALID UNTIL.

Let me know if you need anything else changed in this.
--
Robins Tharakan

On 20 March 2013 03:41, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find attached a patch to take 'make check' code-coverage of ROLE
> (USER) from 59% to 91%.
>
> Any feedback is more than welcome.
> --
> Robins Tharakan

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress_user_v2.patch application/octet-stream 23.0 KB