Re: Patch to add regression tests for SCHEMA

From: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to add regression tests for SCHEMA
Date: 2013-05-09 01:19:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Please find attached an updated patch with the said changes.
I'll try to update the other patches (if they pertain to this feedback) and
update on their respective threads (as well as on Commitfest).

--
Robins Tharakan

On 8 May 2013 13:01, Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr> wrote:

> Dear Robins,
>

> Here is an updated patch that uses different schema / role names for
>> different tests (as per commitfest site feedback).
>>

> Short review about this version of the patch:
>
> This patch work for me.
>
> This test is a good thing and allows schema to be thoroughly tested,
> including corner cases which must fail because of errors or permissions.
>
> Two remarks:
>
> - test 2 bis: why name 'pg_asdf'? why not 'pg_schema_sch<some number>'
> to be homogeneous with other tests?
>
> - test 3: why not WHERE schema_name='schema_sch3' instead of two
> negative comparisons? ISTM that if for some reason in the future a new
> schema name is added, the test will fail.
>
> --
> Fabien.

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress_schema_v4.patch application/octet-stream 10.4 KB