Re: Add regression tests for DISCARD

From: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add regression tests for DISCARD
Date: 2013-07-07 03:49:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thanks Fabrizio.

Although parallel_schedule was a miss for this specific patch, however, I
guess I seem to have missed out serial_schedule completely (in all patches)
and then thanks for pointing this out. Subsequently Robert too noticed the
miss at the serial_schedule end.

Please find attached a patch, updated towards serial_schedule /
parallel_schedule as well as the role name change as per Robert's feedback
on CREATE OPERATOR thread.

--
Robins Tharakan

On 2 July 2013 09:32, Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>wrote:
>

>> Thanks Marko for pointing out about guc.sql.
>>
>> Please find attached a patch to move DISCARD related tests from guc.sql
>> to discard.sql. It adds an extra test for a DISCARD PLANS line, although I
>> amn't sure on how to validate that its working.
>>
>> Personally, I wouldn't call this a great patch, since most of the tests
>> were already running, although in a generic script. The separation of
>> DISCARD related tests to another file is arguably good for the long-term
>> though.
>>

> Robins,
>
> You must add this new test case called "discard" to
> src/test/regress/parallel_schedule and src/test/regress/serial_schedule,
> because if we do "make check" the new "discard" test case is not executed.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL
> >> Blog sobre TI: http://fabriziomello.blogspot.com
> >> Perfil Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/in/fabriziomello
> >> Twitter: http://twitter.com/fabriziomello

Attachment Content-Type Size
regress_discard_v5.patch application/octet-stream 9.3 KB