Re: [v9.3] writable foreign tables

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Albe Laurenz <laurenz(dot)albe(at)wien(dot)gv(dot)at>, Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Alexander Korotkov *EXTERN*" <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ronan Dunklau <rdunklau(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [v9.3] writable foreign tables
Date: 2013-01-29 09:19:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I noticed the v10 patch cannot be applied on the latest master branch
cleanly. The attached ones were rebased.

I also noticed that deparse_expression() assumes relation never has
columns with attribute number equal or larger than number of columns
of the relation, thus it makes a problem when EXPLAIN shows a plan
tree including Var node towards pseudo-column.
So, I adjusted the code to construct column-name array being used
for EXPLAIN output.

I don't touch the part-2 portion that extends Hanada-san's postgres_fdw
v5 patch.

Thanks,