[v9.2] LEAKPROOF attribute of FUNCTION (Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem)

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Kohei(dot)Kaigai(at)emea(dot)nec(dot)com, thom(at)linux(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [v9.2] LEAKPROOF attribute of FUNCTION (Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem)
Date: 2012-01-08 15:52:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> BTW, can you also resubmit the leakproof stuff as a separate patch for
>> the last CF?  Want to make sure we get that into 9.2, if at all
>> possible.
>>
> Yes, it shall be attached on the next message.

The attached patch adds LEAKPROOF attribute to pg_proc; that
enables DBA to set up obviously safe functions to be pushed down
into sub-query even if it has security-barrier attribute.
We assume this LEAKPROOF attribute shall be applied on operator
functions being used to upgrade execute plan from Seq-Scan to
Index-Scan.

The default is without-leakproof attribute on creation of functions,
and it requires superuser privilege to switch on.

Thanks,

pgsql-v9.2-leakproof-function.v1.patch.gz application/x-gzip 75.3 KB