Re: parallel pg_dump

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: parallel pg_dump
Date: 2013-03-05 12:30:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> These did not apply cleanly, but I have fixed them up. The combined diff
>> against git tip is attached. It can also be pulled from my parallel_dump
>> branch on <https://github.com/adunstan/postgresql-dev.git> This builds and
>> runs OK on Linux, which is a start ...
>
> Well, you would also need this piece if you're applying the patch (sometimes
> I forget to do git add ...)

I am attaching rebased versions of Andrews latest patches for the
parallel pg_dump feature and a separate doc patch.

In the past I used to post two versions of the patch, one that just
prepared the code and moved stuff around without any real functional
change and one that then added the parallel dump feature on top of the
first, so that the code changes were minimal. As Andrews patch is
combined now and since that's what I rebased, it's only one part now.
If anyone wants the two patches again, please let me know.

Joachim

Attachment Content-Type Size
parallel_pg_dump_10.diff application/octet-stream 142.7 KB
pg_dump_docs.diff application/octet-stream 9.3 KB