Re: Patch to allow users to kill their own queries

From: Edward Muller <edward(at)heroku(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Department Of Data <dod(at)heroku(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Patch to allow users to kill their own queries
Date: 2011-11-16 21:14:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Kevin Grittner
> Edward Muller <edward(at)heroku(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Looking for comments ...
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/be937d3a7a5323c73b6e
>>
>> We'd like to get this, or something like it, into 9.2
>
> If you want it to be seriously considered, you should post the patch
> to this list, which makes it part of the permanent archives and
> indicates your willingness to place the code under the PostgreSQL
> license.

inline ....

> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch#Patch_submission

I think this was done right.

[snip]

> Any chance you could help review patches in the CF in progress, to
> help get others' time freed up sooner?:
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/inprogress

Well, I'm totally new to the code base, I don't write in *C* very
often (probably obvious from my patch). Maybe over time....

> It's a good way to become familiar with the process, so that you can
> better move your own patch along.
>
> -Kevin

Attachment Content-Type Size
user_signal.patch application/octet-stream 1.9 KB