Re: [review] PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start if data directory given is relative path

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [review] PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start if data directory given is relative path
Date: 2014-02-18 14:04:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 3:06 PM, MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> From: "Rajeev rastogi" <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
>
> I will update commitFest with the latest patch immediately after sending
>> the mail.
>>

> OK, done setting the status to ready for committer.

We already have two different versions of make_absolute_path() in the tree
- one in src/backend/utils/init/miscinit.c and one in
src/test/regress/pg_regress.c.

I don't think we need a third one.

If we put it in port/ like this patch done, then we should make the other
callers use it. We might need one for frontend and one for backend (I
haven't looked into that much detail), but definitely the one between
pg_regress and pg_ctl should be shared.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/