Re: dividing privileges for replication role.

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tomonari Katsumata <t(dot)katsumata1122(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dividing privileges for replication role.
Date: 2013-01-20 12:42:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Tomonari Katsumata
<t(dot)katsumata1122(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made a patch to divide privileges for replication role.
>
> Currently(9.2), the privilege for replication role is
> true / false which means that standby server is able to
> connect to another server or not with the replication role.

Why is it better to do this with a privilege, rather than just using
pg_hba.conf? It doesn't represent an actual "permission level" after
all - it's just an administrative "flag" to say you can't connect.
Which AFAICS can just as easily be handled in pg_hba.conf? I guess I'm
missing something?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/