Re: pg_dump transaction's read-only mode

From: Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump transaction's read-only mode
Date: 2012-12-06 10:49:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Pavan Deolasee
<pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Kevin Grittner
> <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov> wrote:
>

>> That makes sense to me. The reason I didn't make that change when I
>> added the serializable special case to pg_dump was that it seemed
>> like a separate question; I didn't want to complicate an already big
>> patch with unnecessary changes to non-serializable transactions.
>>

> If we agree, should we change that now ?

Sorry for posting on such an old thread. But here is a patch that
fixes this. I'm also adding to the next commitfest so that we don't
lose track of it again.

Thanks,
Pavan

--
Pavan Deolasee

pg_dump_readonly_xact.patch application/octet-stream 645 bytes