Re: pg_receivexlog and replication slots

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_receivexlog and replication slots
Date: 2014-08-12 13:03:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Ok. Do you plan to take care of it? If, I'd be fine with backpatching
> it. I'm not likely to get to it right now :(

Actually I came up with the same need as Magnus, but a bit later,
so... Attached is a patch to support physical slot creation and drop
in pg_receivexlog with the addition of new options --create and
--drop. It would be nice to have that in 9.4, but I will not the one
deciding that at the end :) Code has been refactored with what is
already available in pg_recvlogical for the slot creation and drop.

Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20140812_physical_slot_receivexlog.patch text/x-patch 11.8 KB