Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ronan Dunklau <ronan(dot)dunklau(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA statement
Date: 2014-07-01 06:36:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Once we get that done, I'll do another round of review on this patch and I
> think that we will be able to mark it as ready for committer.

After sleeping on it, I have put my hands on the postgres_fdw portion and
came up with a largely simplified flow, resulting in the patch attached.
The following things are done:
- Removal of all the array stuff, resulting in a more simplified, and
readable code, without performance impact.
- Removal of the parameter stuff to simplify code
- Addition of an option in postgres_fdw to ignore NULL/NOT NULL
- Addition of docs
- Fixed a bug related to the use of ::regtype, let's use directly typmod
and typname in pg_type instead.
- The addition of new OID defines is now unnecessary
Ronan, what do you think of those patches? I have nothing more to add, and
I think that they should be looked by a committer. Particularly the FDW API
that is perhaps not the best fit, but let's see some extra opinions about
that.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Implement-IMPORT-FOREIGN-SCHEMA-in-core.patch text/x-diff 26.8 KB
0002-Add-support-of-IMPORT-FOREIGN-SCHEMA-in-postgres_fdw.patch text/x-diff 18.4 KB