Re: WAL replay bugs

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WAL replay bugs
Date: 2014-06-27 05:57:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 12:19 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com
> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Michael Paquier
> > A couple of things to note though:
> > 1) In order to detect if a page is used for a sequence, SEQ_MAGIC
> > needs to be exposed in sequence.h. This is included in the patch
> > attached but perhaps this should be changed as a separate patch
> > 2) Regression test facility uses some useful parts taken from
> > pg_upgrade. I think that we should gather those parts in a common
> > place (contrib/common?). This can facilitate the integration of other
> > modules using regression based on bash scripts.
> > 3) While hacking this facility, I noticed that some ItemId entries in
> > btree pages could be inconsistent between master and standby. Those
> > items are masked in the current patch, but it looks like a bug of
> > Postgres itself.
> Attached are 3 patches doing exactly this separation for lisibility.

Here are rebased patches, their was a conflict with a recent commit in
contrib/pg_upgrade.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Move-SEQ_MAGIC-to-sequence.h.patch text/x-diff 1.2 KB
0002-Extract-generic-bash-initialization-process-from-pg_.patch text/x-diff 3.8 KB
0003-Buffer-capture-facility-check-WAL-replay-consistency.patch text/x-diff 39.4 KB