Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds
Date: 2014-06-21 13:13:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 11:47 AM, MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> bin\isolationtester.exe
> bin\pg_isolation_regress
> bin\pg_regress.exe
> bin\pg_regress_ecpg.exe
> bin\zic.exe
> lib\dict_snowball.dll
> lib\regress.dll
Yes, I'd like to improve that in a next patch hopefully in CF2, except
if a committer picking up this patch thinks differently.

> However, there seems to be two issues before marking this patch as ready for
> committer.
> (1)
> lib\pgcrypto.dll doesn't have versioning info.
Urgh, thanks I missed it. It is fixed in the patch attached by adding
a AddDir call in the project of pgcrypto as this contrib module is
kind of particular in the MSVC scripts. Here is the output of my
cscript checking versioning with the new patch:
$ cscript ..\extra\vb_version.vbs lib\pgcrypto.dll
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8

9.5.0.14171

> (2)
> None of the conversion_procs has versioning info. But their Makefiles have
> PGFILEDESC line. For example,
> src/backend/utils/mb/conversion_procs/ascii_and_mic/Makefile has the line:
>
> NAME = ascii_and_mic
> PGFILEDESC = "ascii_and_mic"
Strange, it works for me:
$ cscript ..\extra\vb_version.vbs lib\utf8_and_ascii.dll

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8

9.5.0.14170
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Add-AddDir-calls-for-contrib-v3.patch text/x-diff 1.1 KB
0002-Add-file-versioning-for-all-core-dll-and-exe-in-MSVC-v3.patch text/x-diff 42.4 KB