Re: Audit of logout

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Audit of logout
Date: 2014-08-28 14:23:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:
> > Changing PGC_SU_BACKEND parameter (log_connections) is
> > visible even with a non-super user client due to above code.
> > Shouldn't it be only visible for super-user logins?
> >
> > Simple steps to reproduce the problem:
> > a. start Server (default configuration)
> > b. connect with superuser
> > c. change in log_connections to on in postgresql.conf
> > d. perform select pg_reload_conf();
> > e. connect with non-super-user
> > f. show log_connections; --This step shows the value as on,
> > --whereas I think it should have
been
> > off
>
> In this case, log_connections is changed in postgresql.conf and it's
> reloaded, so ISTM that it's natural that even non-superuser sees the
> changed value. No? Maybe I'm missing something.

Yeah, you are right.

With the latest patch, I am getting one regression failure on windows.
Attached is the regression diff.

Can we improve this line a bit?
! * BACKEND options are the same as SU_BACKEND ones, but they can
BACKEND options can be set same as SU_BACKEND ones, ......

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

regression.diffs application/octet-stream 692 bytes