Re: postgresql.auto.conf and reload

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql.auto.conf and reload
Date: 2014-07-05 05:52:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de> wrote:
> > Re: Amit Kapila 2014-06-26 <CAA4eK1+mUTjc=GXJK3bYtSwV2BmBni=
PHEvBqLQkhdUV9cWd1A(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>

> > > How about adding a note in Alter System so that users are aware of
> > > such behaviour and can ensure that they don't have duplicate entries?
> >
> > If the behavior isn't going to change, that issue need to be
> > documented, sure.
>
> I will send a patch to address this unless someone comes with a better
> way to address this and if no one objects to adding a note in Alter System
> documentation.

Please find the patch attached to address the above concern. I have
updated docs, so that users can be aware of such behaviour.

I will add this patch for next CF to avoid getting lost, however I believe
it should be done for 9.4.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

alter_system_postmaster_params_v1.patch application/octet-stream 734 bytes