Re: option -T in pg_basebackup doesn't work on windows

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: option -T in pg_basebackup doesn't work on windows
Date: 2014-08-19 04:21:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 7:50 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
wrote:

> I didn't follow the original discussions, but now that I look at this I
have to wonder:

> Why does pg_basebackup -T create the symlink pointing to the wrong
location in the first place, only to fix it later?

Good question.

>Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to create it correctly in the first
place?

Looking at the code, I think it is very well possible to create
it correctly in the first place without much extra work. I will
send a patch if nobody sees any problem with this change.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.