Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Add regression tests for COLLATE
Date: 2013-07-03 16:36:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> One workaround is to use DROP COLLATION IF EXISTS, that conveys the message
> without UTF8 in the message string.
>
> But three other tests use ALTER COLLATION and I see no way but to comment /
> disable them. Currently have them disabled (with comments as to what they
> do, and why they're disabled).
>
> This updated patch doesn't have UTF8 string anywhere.
> Let me know if you prefer to remove the commented out tests completely.

I did remove those, plus made some other cleanups, and committed this.
I think that there's now some duplication between this and the
collate.linux.utf8 test that should be cleaned up by removing the
duplicative stuff from that test, assuming this holds up OK when the
buildfarm - and other developers - test it out. Could you prepare a
patch towards that end?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company