Re: 2016-03 Commitfest

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 2016-03 Commitfest
Date: 2016-04-08 15:52:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:00 AM, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> On 2016-04-08 10:56:28 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

>> > From the referenced email:
>> >
>> > "Accordingly, the release management has decided that all
>> > feature patches destined for PostgreSQL 9.6 must be committed no later
>> > than April 8, 2016. Any patch not committed prior to 2016-04-09
>> > 00:00:00 GMT may not be committed to PostgreSQL 9.6 unless (a) it is a
>> > bug fix, (b) it represents essential cleanup of a previously-committed
>> > patch, or (c) the release management team has approved an extension to
>> > the deadline for that particular patch."
>>
>> IOW, the deadline is 8pm US/Eastern time, or about 9 hours from now.
>>
>> Let's try not to introduce more bugs in the next 9 hours than we have
>> in the preceding 9 months.
>
> I've finished polishing the Pin/Unpin patch. But the final polishing
> happened on an intercontential flight, after days spent preparing my
> move to SF. I'd be glad if you would allow me to look over the patch
> again, before pushing it sometime this weekend; this stuff is subtle,
> and I'm not exactly my best right now.

In view of these circumstances, the RMT has voted to extend the
deadline for this particular patch by 2.5 days; that is, this patch
may be committed with RMT approval no later than 2016-04-11 12:00:00
GMT, which I believe is approximately 4am Monday morning where you
are.

Robert Haas
PostgreSQL 9.6 Release Management Team