Re: Add force option to dropdb

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: salah jubeh <s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add force option to dropdb
Date: 2014-01-29 04:42:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM, salah jubeh <s_jubeh(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello Sawada,
>
>>- This patch is not patched to master branch
> Sorry, My mistake
>>//new connections are not allowed
> Corrected.
>
> I hope now the patch in better state, if somthing left, I will be glad to
> fix it
> Regards

I'm not particularly in favor of implementing this as client-side
functionality, because then it's only available to people who use that
particular client. Simon Riggs proposed a server-side option to the
DROP DATABASE command some time ago, and I think that might be the way
to go.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company