Re: Patch to add regression tests for SCHEMA

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to add regression tests for SCHEMA
Date: 2013-07-03 15:19:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Please find attached an updated patch with the said changes.
> I'll try to update the other patches (if they pertain to this feedback) and
> update on their respective threads (as well as on Commitfest).

This patch updates the parallel schedule but not the serial schedule.
Please try to remember to update both files when adding new test
files. Also, please observe the admonitions in the parallel schedule,
at top of file:

# By convention, we put no more than twenty tests in any one parallel group;
# this limits the number of connections needed to run the tests.

In this particular case, I think that adding a new set of tests isn't
the right thing anyway. Schemas are also known as namespaces, and the
existing "namespace" test is where related test cases live. Add these
tests there instead.

Rename regression users to regress_rol_nsp1 etc. per convention
established in the CREATE OPERATOR patch.

Setting patch to "Waiting on Author".

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company