Re: Pause at end of recovery

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pause at end of recovery
Date: 2011-12-28 10:27:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> I can see a reason to do this now. I've written patch and will commit
> on Friday. Nudge me if I don't.

It's hard to write this so it works in all cases and doesn't work in
the right cases also.

Basically, we can't get in the way of crash recovery, so the only way
we can currently tell a crash recovery from an archive recovery is the
presence of restore_command.

If you don't have that and you haven't set a recovery target, it won't
pause and there's nothing I can do, AFAICS.

Please test this and review before commit.

pause_at_end_of_logs.v2.patch text/x-patch 3.0 KB