Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)

From: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autonomous Transaction (WIP)
Date: 2014-06-18 09:19:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 17 June 2014 02:01, Alvaro Herrera Wrote:

> What's the status of this patch?

I have completed work on this and some more changes are done on top of earlier patch shared:
1. Fixed all of the issues observed.
2. Addressed some of the feedback from community like
a. Change the syntax to
START AUTONOMOUS TRANSACTION [READ ONLY | READ WRITE]
b. As Pavan had pointed, I have made transaction behavior (only read-only properties) of main and autonomous transaction independent.
3. Added documentation for this feature.
4. Rebased to latest git code.

Please find the attached latest patch and provide opinion.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi

Attachment Content-Type Size
autonomous_tx_v2.patch application/octet-stream 113.5 KB