Re: [review] PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start if data directory given is relative path

From: Rajeev rastogi <rajeev(dot)rastogi(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [review] PostgreSQL Service on Windows does not start if data directory given is relative path
Date: 2014-02-03 11:33:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 3rd February 2014, MauMau Wrote:

> Thanks, your patch looks good. I confirmed the following:
>
> * Applied cleanly to the latest source tree, and built on Linux and
> Windows (with MSVC) without any warnings.
>
> * Changed to D:\ and ran "pg_ctl register -N pg -D pgdata", and checked
> the registry value ImagePath with regedit. It contained -D "D:\pgdata".
>
> * Changed to D:\pgdata and ran "pg_ctl register -N pg -D ..\pgdata",
> and checked the registry value ImagePath with regedit. It contained -D
> "D:\pgdata".

Thanks for reviewing and testing the patch.

> Finally, please change the function description comment of
> get_absolute_path() so that the style follows other function in path.c.
> That is:
>
> /*
> * <function_name>
> *
> * Function description
> */

I have modified the function description comment as per your suggestion.

> Then update the CommitFest entry with the latest patch and let me know
> of that. Then, I'll change the patch status to ready for committer.

I will update commitFest with the latest patch immediately after sending the mail.

Thanks and Regards,
Kumar Rajeev Rastogi

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgctl_win32service_rel_dbpath_v4.patch application/octet-stream 2.0 KB