Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch: Allow \dd to show constraint comments
Date: 2011-06-18 14:53:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I checked the v4 patch.

At first, I noticed three missing object classes although COMMENT ON allows to
set a description on 'collation', 'extension' and 'foreign table'.
In addition, this pg_comments system view supports 'access method' class, but
we cannot set a comment on access methods using COMMENT ON statement.

Regarding to the data-type of objnamespace, how about an idea to define a new
data type such as 'regschema' and cast objnamespace into this type?
If we have such data type, user can reference string expression of schema name,
and also available to use OID joins.

Thanks,