Re: Recovery to backup point

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Recovery to backup point
Date: 2013-12-09 12:03:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Michael Paquier" <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
> As far as I recall, I don't think so. The problem and the way to solve
> that are clear. The only trick is to be sure that recovery is done
> just until a consistent point is reached, and to implement that
> cleanly.
>
>> May I implement this feature and submit a patch for the next commitfest
>> if I have time?
> Please feel free. I might as well participate in the review.

I've done with the attached patch. I also confirmed that the problem I
raised in the first mail of the below thread was solved with this patch.

[bug fix] PITR corrupts the database cluster
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/F93E42280A9A4A5EB74FC7350C801A20@maumau

I'm wondering if I can do this with cleaner and less code. It would be
grateful if you could give me any advice.

Regards
MauMau

Attachment Content-Type Size
recover_to_backup.patch application/octet-stream 4.5 KB