Re: Performance Enhancement/Fix for Array Utility Functions

From: Mike Lewis <mikelikespie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Farina <drfarina(at)acm(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance Enhancement/Fix for Array Utility Functions
Date: 2010-06-16 06:40:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The existence and naming of ARR_MAX_HEADER_SIZE is somewhat dubious,
> as it is:

Thanks you for the feedback. I cleaned up the patch.

> * Used in exactly one place (not necessarily a reason why it should
> not be reified into a stand-alone definition, though, but
> something to consider)

Moved it to one definition

> * The array header refers to the NULL bitmap as well, but the
> interpretation used by the patch does not.

I renamed the macros to have NONULL in the name (hopefully it doesn't make
them too long).

I also added a comment. Not quite sure if it's the appropriate format, but
I didn't feel it warranted 3 lines.

Thanks,
Mike Lewis

Attachment Content-Type Size
detoast-headers-for-array-functions-003.patch application/octet-stream 3.1 KB