Re: WIP: extensible enums

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: extensible enums
Date: 2010-10-01 08:35:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 29 September 2010 20:46, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

> Attached is a a slightly updated version of this with the bitrot fixed.
>
> cheers
>
> andrew

Hi,

I had a quick look at this last night. I haven't had time to give it a
full review, but I did spot a couple of things:

1). It still has no docs.

2). In enum_ccmp(), when you cache the full list of elements, you're
not updating mycache->sort_list_length, so it will keep fetching the
full list each time. Also, I think that function could use a few more
comments.

3). I think you need to update psql so that \dT+ returns the enum
elements in the right order.

Otherwise I like it, and I definitely prefer the flexibility that this
syntax gives.

Regards,
Dean