Re: unlogged tables

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unlogged tables
Date: 2010-11-16 02:28:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net> wrote:
> I am attempting to test this
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=424
>
> but I'm not sure which version of PG this should be applied to.  (it would
> be really neat, on here:
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=8
> if there was a note that said, this test this stuff against git tag X or
> branch Y or whatever)

They're pretty much all against the master branch.

> I got the git:
>
> git clone git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git
>
> downloaded the patches, and applied them ok.  then did ./configure and make
>
> after much spewage I got:
>
> bufmgr.c: In function 'PrefetchBuffer':
> bufmgr.c:126:10: error: 'struct RelationData' has no member named
> 'rd_istemp'
> make[4]: *** [bufmgr.o] Error 1

Woops. Good catch. I guess USE_PREFETCH isn't defined on my system.
That line needs to be changed to say RelationUsesLocalBuffers(reln)
rather than reln->rd_istemp. Updated patches attached.

> That didnt happen the first time... I'm almost positive.

When you applied the patches the first time, it created that file; but
git reset --hard doesn't remove untracked files.

> Not sure what I should do now.

git clean -dfx
git reset --hard
git pull

Apply attached patches.

configure
make
make install

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
unlogged-tables-v2.patch application/octet-stream 52.7 KB
relpersistence-v2.patch application/octet-stream 65.6 KB
relax-sync-commit-v1.patch application/octet-stream 3.1 KB