Re: multibyte charater set in levenshtein function

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multibyte charater set in levenshtein function
Date: 2010-07-20 07:37:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/7/13 Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>:
> Anyway I think that overhead is not ignorable. That's why I have splited
> levenshtein_internal into levenshtein_internal and levenshtein_internal_mb,
> and levenshtein_less_equal_internal into levenshtein_less_equal_internal and
> levenshtein_less_equal_internal_mb.

Thank you for good measurement! Then, it's reasonable to have multiple
implementations. It also has documentation. I'll change status of the
patch to "Ready for Committer".

The patch is good enough except argument types for some functions.
For example:
- char* vs. const char*
- text* vs. const char* + length
I hope committers would check whether there are better types for them.

--
Itagaki Takahiro