Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [v9.1] Add security hook on initialization of instance
Date: 2010-07-08 13:14:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/6/16 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>:
> OK, fair enough. Please wait for a few days.
> I'll introduce the proof-of-concept module until this week.

I think we have decided not to pursue this, at least for now. If that
is the case, the CommitFest entry should be updated to Returned with
Feedback.

FWIW, I am still of the opinion that we shouldn't have a hook here
anyway, because there is no reason to complain about lack of a
security context until the user performs an action which requires them
to have a security context.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company