get_whatever_oid, part 1: object types with unqualifed names

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: get_whatever_oid, part 1: object types with unqualifed names
Date: 2010-05-27 02:51:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Link to previous discussion:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-05/msg01195.php

Attached, please find a patch which standardizes the following
interface for object types that use unqualifed names.

Oid get_whatever_oid(char *name, bool missing_ok);

It also refactors the existing code to use these functions whenever
possible. I'm going to work up a similar path for the object types
that use qualified names, but I thought it would be a good idea to
send this first before I invest too much time in it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
get_whatever_oid_part1.patch application/octet-stream 51.5 KB