Re: security hooks on object creation

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: security hooks on object creation
Date: 2010-11-22 03:11:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/11/12 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>:
> (2010/11/12 19:34), KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> I revised my patch according to the prior suggestions.
>>
> I'm sorry. I revised my patch, but not attached.
>
> Please see this attached one.

I'm satisfied with this approach, although I intend to change
InvokeObjectAccessHook0 to simply InvokeObjectAccessHook before
committing it; and correct your use of AttributeRelationId to
RelationRelationId for consistency with the rest of the code. What
I'm not quite sure about is where to put the definitions you've added
to a new file utils/hooks.h; I don't feel that's a very appropriate
location. It's tempting to put them in utils/acl.h just because this
is vaguely access-control related and that header is already included
in most of the right places, but maybe that's too much of a stretch;
or perhaps catalog/catalog.h, although that doesn't feel quite right
either. If we are going to add a new header file, I still don't like
utils/hooks.h much - it's considerably more generic than can be
justified by its contents.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company