Re: WIP: extensible enums

From: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: extensible enums
Date: 2010-10-15 08:33:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 14 October 2010 08:39, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Someone want to review this and (hopefully) mark it Ready for
>> Committer?  I see that Brendan Jurd is the reviewer of record in the
>> CF app, but it seems Dean Rasheed is the person who has actually
>> reviewed it recently.  Either way...
>>

> I'm happy to take another look at it, but I'm short on time, so I
> doubt that I be able to do anything before the weekend. If anyone
> wants to jump in before then, feel free.

I started looking at this last night, but ran out of time. I'll
continue this evening / over the weekend. Here are my comments so far:

Patch applies cleanly to current git master with no offsets.
Compiles cleanly with no warnings.
Regression tests pass.

The regression tests look reasonable, but I'd like to see a test of
\dT+. Also it could be made to exercise the comparison function more
if the test query did an ORDER BY CAST(enumlabel as planets).

The docs for ALTER TYPE have been updated. I found a few minor typos,
and also a couple of other sections of the manual that needed
updating.

Attached is an updated version with these changes. Andrew, let me know
if you're happy with these tweaks and I'll continue reviewing over the
weekend.

Regards,
Dean

Attachment Content-Type Size